Here are a few key points that we’d like you to take away:
- We do not require that you register with us or provide personal information such as your name, email address or phone number to use our services, they are offered to you free of charge and we will never collect this data unless you choose to provide them either by contacting us or creating an account with us.
- Desoline is a private company which offers users free apps. To pay for the maintenance and enhancement of these free apps we need to be able to monetize use of our apps, primarily we do this through advertising. To do this and to make adverts more relevant for you we receive some personal information such as your device ID (IDFA or AAID) and location.
- As an alternative you can make In-App Purchases (IAPs) in our Free apps, or where available, pay for our Pro versions. This removes advertising and significantly reduce the amount of data we collect from your use of our apps (see the full Policy below).
- In addition to IAPs your device also gives you control to limit the data we collect from you and how we use it. Ultimately you can also choose to delete and stop using the app at which point any data collection will cease.
By using our apps you agree to the collection and use of certain data as described in this Policy.
Information you share with us
We do not require you to directly provide any personal information to us to start using our services. It is not necessary for you to have created an account (although you may choose to do so), nor will we ever make your use of our apps public, other than occasionally quoting user reviews posted in app stores on our website or in other publicity.
If you do choose to create an account with us (website, review or upgrade to premium), you must provide us with some personal data so that we can provide the additional services linked to registration to you. This includes an email address and password. We use this information to authenticate your account only and will keep it secure.
In addition, should you contact us directly (either via the app, website or a direct email) you will be providing your name, email address and (when contacting us from the app) an app ID. We will keep the content of your message and contact information to enable us to respond to your request.
Advertisers and data partners:
In case you have not purchased a Pro version of the app or made the “Go Premuim” IAP then we may provide to third party advertising and data partners information about your activity on our app and your location. These partners may collect information about your activities to provide you contextual advertising based upon your interests and activity or be used in location-based products such as location audiences, location analytics and measurement.
In return for some of the premium features of Tube map: London underground and route planner, Londonmapper: Transit Navigation, World Map, Tube Map – London Underground live status, Rome Metro – Map & Route planner, PDF Reader , New York Subway – MTA map and routes, Berlin Subway – U-Bahn & S-Bahn map (BVG), you may choose to be a peer on the Luminati network. By doing so you agree to have read and accepted the terms of service of the Luminati SDK EULA. You may opt out of the network from settings
We require information about your current location to effectively offer you our services. Subject to your settings, we may collect, use and store additional information about your
location to operate or personalize our services such as nearest attraction, nearest station etc. You control whether we collect this data at all times or only when you are using the app, or even if we can collect this data at all. If you choose not to share location, we will be unable to offer you our full level of intended service.
In addition to other information described in this policy, we may collect and share precise location information, through methods such as mobile “SDKs”. This location information may be used by itself, aggregated, or combined with mobile identifiers (such as IDFAs and Android IDs), and shared with third parties, for purposes related to advertising, attribution (e.g., measuring ad performance) analytics
and research. You can remove your consent to having your location data collected by changing the settings on your device.(Certain services may lose functionality as a result.)
You can opt-out from any interest-based advertising through your device settings. When you have opted out using this setting on a device, advertisers will not use in-app information collected from that device to infer your interests or serve ads to that device that are targeted based on your inferred interests.
X-Mode Social, Inc.
EU & EFTA
If you are located in the European Union or EFTA States, you can confidentially contact Desoline’s Privacy Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information, you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
Your rights under GDPR are as follows:
- You have the right to be informed about our processing of your personal data;
- You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed;
- You have the right to object to us processing your personal data;
- You have the right to have your personal data erased, otherwise known as the ‘right to be forgotten’;
- You have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you, and information on how we process it, commonly known as a ‘data subject access request’;
- You have the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data (‘data portability’); and
- You have rights in relation to automated decision making, including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. It has enforcement powers and can investigate compliance with data protection laws. More information about the Information Commissioner’s Office can be found on their website – ico.org.uk.